- Take shorter showers.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Run the washer less frequently and only when you have a full load.
- Water your lawn less frequently and do so when the temperature is cooler in the early morning or late evening.
- When you run the tap to heat or cool water, keep a pitcher to store the water and use it to water plants.
- Avoid washing your car.
Practice Fire Prevention
- Don't set off fireworks when conditions are dry.
- Deposit cigarette butts in the proper receptacle to avoid starting a fire.
- Pour water over camp fires and backyard fire pits to ensure they are completely out before leaving them unattended.
Follow Directions From Local Offcials
- If there are restrictions on water usage, be sure to heed them!