https://nema.nebraska.gov/files/doc/preparedness-kit.pdfKnowing what to do before, during and after an emergency is a critical part of being prepared and may make all the difference when seconds count.
Basic Protective Measures For All Hazards
Some basic protective actions are similar across many different hazards:
- Physical safety is a concern for all hazards and may involve sheltering or evacuating.
- Develop a family communications plan
- Make an emergency supply kit to be prepared for any type of disaster.
- Learn about receiving emergency alerts and local emergency plans for shelter and evacuation, local emergency contacts, and local advance alerts and warnings.
- When recovering from a disaster, safety as well as mental and physical well-being must be considered.
Disaster Specific Preparedness
There are important differences among potential emergencies that should impact the decisions you make and the actions you take. Consider preparing for all hazards including: natural disasters; technological and accidental hazards; terrorist hazards, pandemics and fires,