The Nebraska Basic Capstone will be held this October 7th & 8th in Lincoln, NE
When completed, this level of certification will meet all conditions for Emergency Management Certification as required under the provisions of the Nebraska Emergency Management Act. It includes independent study and resident instruction.
The following comprise the Nebraska Emergency Management Basic Certification Program.
The below listed independent study courses are mandatory course prerequisites prior to enrollment in the Basic Certification Capstone
- IS-100 Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS), an Introduction
- IS-800 National Response Framework, an Introduction
- IS-120 Introduction to Exercises
- IS-130 How to be an Exercise Evaluator
- IS-230 Fundamentals of Emergency Management
- IS-235 Emergency Planning
- IS-240 Leadership & Influence
- IS-241 Decision Making and Problem Solving
- IS-242 Effective Communications
- IS-244 Developing and Managing Volunteers
- IS-2200 Basic Emergency Operations Center Functions
- IS-5 Introduction to Hazardous Materials
Certificates of completion must be submitted to the Nebraska Emergency Management Agency Training & Exercise Unit prior to the beginning of the capstone.
Subjects to be covered over the two days;
- Local Emergency Operations Plan (LEOP)
- State Emergency Operations Plan (SEOP)
- Utilization of Incident Management Teams (IMT) in Nebraska
- Public Information Officer (PIO) and Social Media
- G-191 Incident Command System (ICS) & Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Interface
- Public and Individual Assistance
- Hazard Mitigation
Individuals who complete the IS Course pre-requisites and the Basic Capstone course will receive Nebraska Basic Emergency Manager Certification.
Registrations must be submitted 14 days prior to start date.