• This course is designed to provide local and state-level emergency responders with a robust understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and capabilities of an effective Planning Section Chief on an All-Hazards Incident Management Team.
• These responsibilities fall into two categories:
o Managing the planning cycle
o Tracking resources and incident status
• Exercises, simulations, discussions, and a final exam enable students to process and apply their new knowledge.
• NIMS ICS Position Specific training should be completed by personnel who are regularly assigned to functional, support, or unit leader positions or by those persons who desire to seek credentials/certification in those positions.
• IS 100 – Introduction to the Incident Command System
• IS 200 – ICS for Single Resource and Initial Action Incidents
• ICS 300 – Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
• ICS 400 – Advanced ICS for Command and General Staff
• IS 700 – National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
• IS 800 – National Response Framework, An Introduction