This train-the-trainer course focuses on preparing instructors to:
1. Deliver the CERT Basic Training;
2. Convey the messages and intent of the CERT
Program (e.g., safety, teamwork, place in
overall community emergency operations
3. Assure that students achieve the objectives of
the CERT Basic Training; and
4. Create a comfortable yet managed learning
Participants in this course must have:
1. A referral from a CERT-sponsoring agency, typically a local, regional, or state government agency.
2. Completed the CERT Basic Training course or IS-317: Introduction to CERT. (https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-317)
The audience for this course includes those who will have or currently have either of the following responsibilities: Serves as the course manager for the CERT Basic Training course, or serves as a CERT Basic Training course instructor.