Course Length: This course is 3 days in length. Class times generally run from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CT each day
Registration Close Date: Wednesday, October, 9th at 11:59 pm CT
Other Details: Lunch is provided each day to participants
This train-the-trainer course focuses on preparing instructors to:
- Deliver the CERT Basic Training;
- Convey the messages and intent of the CERT Program (e.g., safety, teamwork, place in overall community emergency operations plan);
- Assure that students achieve the objectives of the CERT Basic Training; and
- Create a comfortable yet managed learning environment.
Participants in this course must have:
- A referral from a CERT-sponsoring agency, typically a local, regional, or state government agency.
- Completed the CERT Basic Training course or IS-317: Introduction to CERT. (https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-317)
The audience for this course includes those who will have or currently have either of the following responsibilities: Serves as the course manager for the CERT Basic Training course, or serves as a CERT Basic Training course instructor.
Complete a FEMA Form 119-25-1, General Admissions Application, with student signature and signature of supervisor or sponsoring agency official. Applicants can submit the application by mail or scan and email to:
Nebraska Emergency Management Agency
Attn: Quinn Lewandowski
2433 N.W. 24th St.
Lincoln, NE 68524
First preference for acceptance to this course will be given to members of Nebraska CERT Teams and other Nebraska Citizen Corps Programs before opening registration to any outside parties from outside of the State of Nebraska. Registrants will be notified via email of their application status upon receipt and after processing. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Quinn Lewandowski at email@example.com if you have any questions. Registration will close on October 9th, 2019 at 11:59 CT.