This course is designed to strengthen the abilities of local jurisdictions to successfully prepare for and handle volunteer and donations management issues that may arise during incidents or disasters.
The course also addresses unsolicited goods, unaffiliated volunteers, and undesignated cash.
Concepts also covered:
- Gather information from organizations, agencies, volunteers, media, and others for donations intelligence purposes.
- Matching unaffiliated volunteers with appropriate organizations or agencies during program implementation.
- Planning considerations for cash donations.
- Technology needed to manage volunteer/donation resources.
- Volunteer and donations management program responsibilities in relation to the planning components of the annex.
***This course counts towards FEMA’s Advanced Professional Series (APS)***
Audience: Anyone involved in the planning or coordination of volunteers or donations during an incident or disaster, to include:
- Emergency Managers,
- Public information officers,
- Voluntary organizations representatives,
- Personnel involved in the Logistics Section of an Emergency Operations Center
To register please contact Jill Harvey at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-995-2250.
Deadline to register is August 4, 2021